Ultimate Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 4 dozen cookies
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- BEAT in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For softer cookies, reduce baking time by 1-2 minutes. For crisper cookies, increase baking time by 1-2 minutes.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.