Strawberry Streusel Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 6 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 6-cup muffin pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl.
- WHISK oil, milk, egg and egg white together in small bowl. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly in muffin cups, filling cups about half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon preserves in center of batter, pressing down slightly.
- MIX together flour and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter using a fork to break up mixture to make crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon on top of each muffin.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 6), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To knead dough, shape it into a flattened ball. Push it away from you, then fold it toward you. Turn and repeat until it's smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full for perfectly shaped muffins, or fill cups full for larger mushroom-shaped, bake-shop-style muffins.