Spiced Pear Galette
- Prep Time:
- 35 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour & White Grape Seed Flour Blend, divided
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces, divided
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 3 ripe Bosc pears
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- STIR 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl until blended. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons ice water. Stir with fork until dough comes together, adding additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough holds together when pressed into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Peel, core and quarter the pears. Cut each quarter into large chunks. Set aside. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Place on large baking sheet. Place pears in center of dough, to within 2 inches of edges.
- COMBINE 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Sprinkle evenly over of pear mixture. Fold uncovered edges of dough up to partially cover pear filling.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden and the pears are tender. Cool completely in baking pan on wire rack.
Serving Size (1 of 8 servings), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 16g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.