- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salsa, hot, medium or mild
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- COAT an 8 or 10-inch skillet or 9-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix and garlic powder in large bowl.
- MIX 1 tablespoon oil, egg, milk, salsa and chiles in separate bowl. Pour milk mixture into cornmeal mixture. Stir until blended. Pour into preheated pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of recipe), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 630mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
If batter does not fill every cup of the muffin pan, put a few tablespoons of water in the empty cup to keep muffins moist and to protect the pan from warping.
When done baking, bread should be removed from its pan immediately, and cooled completely on a wire rack.