White Lily® Chocolate Dipped Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Total Time:
- 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Combine 1/4 cup shortning, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl, beat 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream and half the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining dry ingredients. With oiled hands roll dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons); place on prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with floured fork to about 1/2-inch thickness. Bake at 375º F. for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies begin to look dry on top. (Cookies will not be brown.) Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling racks with metal spatula. Cool completely.
- For dip, microwave chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl until melted, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening; stir until blended. Dip half of each cookie in the melted chocolate mixture. Cool on wax paper in refrigerator until set.