Skillet Chili with Cornbread Topping
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups of your favorite chili
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- HEAT chili in 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- WHISK egg in medium bowl. Stir in cornmeal mix, oil and milk. Stir in cheese. Spoon over chili mixture in skillet.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cornbread topping comes out clean.