Parsley Biscuits with Ham and Honey Mustard
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 21 min
- 20 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheeese
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 cup honey mustard
- HEAT oven to 500°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour and Parmesan cheese in large bowl. Cut in shortening and butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is the size of peas.
- STIR in parsley. Add milk gradually, stirring only enough to moisten flour and hold dough together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times.
- PAT or roll dough gently to about 3/8 inch thickness. Cut using a 1 1/2-inch floured biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough; re-roll one time. Cut as described above. Discard scraps. Place biscuits close but not touching on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 4 to 6 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Allow biscuits to cool completely.
- SPLIT in half. Spread bottom half with honey-mustard. Top with ham and remaining biscuit half.