- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 scones
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in dates. Whisk together yogurt, 1 egg and orange peel. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 10 to 12 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thick circle. For traditional Bristish scones, cut with a sharp knife into 12 wedges or cut with a 3-inch round cutter. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Beat remaining egg and brush tops lightly for a shiny, golden top crust.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- STIR butter, honey and orange peel until smooth. Serve with warm scones.