Everybody's Favorite Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 10 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COAT three 8-inch or two 9-inch pans, or a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat two minutes at medium speed.
- STIR in boiling water until blended (batter will be thin). Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost as desired.
- For a deep, dark cake, use Dutch cocoa powder.