Cheddar & Chive Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 16 biscuits
- 2 cups White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 cup finely shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus 2 to 3 tablespoons more if needed
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Stir flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl until blended. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Stir in cheese and chives.
- STIR in buttermilk with fork until dough comes together. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons additional buttermilk if dough seems too dry.
- DROP dough by scant 1/4 cup onto baking sheet. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.