Lemon Curd Tartlets with Raspberries
- Prep Time:
- 35 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 24 tartlets
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- Fresh red raspberries, rinsed and drained
- WHISK lemon juice, lemon peel, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and eggs in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stir in 6 tablespoons butter. Cook over medium low heat, whisking frequently, until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk. Pour curd through a sieve to remove zest. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and chill.
- BEAT cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add flour. Beat on low speed until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill one hour.
- HEAT oven to 325º F. Shape dough into 24 one-inch balls. Press into bottom and up sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 2 minutes and remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- FILL tart shells with 1 heaping tablespoon lemon curd just before serving. Top with several fresh red raspberries.
- Lemon curd keeps chilled for one week.
Serving Size (1 tartlet of 24), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.