Double Strawberry Pecan Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 1/2 tsps., divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Make a well in the center. Whisk together eggs, butter, yogurt and vanilla. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened
- FOLD in 1/2 cup pecans and strawberry preserves. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle evenly with remaining pecans and sugar.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To knead dough, shape it into a flattened ball. Push it away from you, then fold it toward you. Turn and repeat until it's smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes.
Wrap extra muffins in foil, and freeze for later use. To reheat, remove foil, wrap in a paper towel, and microwave one at a time for 3-10 seconds or until thawed.