- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 12 servings
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, or bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans or pinto beans, rinsed drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon drippings to 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet. Place in oven to heat.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, 1 tablespoon oil, egg, milk and salsa. Pour into prepared skillet.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes for 8-inch skillet; bake 25 to 30 minutes for 10-inch skillet. Cool completely.
- Cornbread can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- COMBINE sour cream, mayonnaise and dry ranch dressing mix. Refrigerate until needed.
- COMBINE tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, if desired, and cilantro.
- CRUMBLE 1/2 corn bread into large serving bowl. Layer 1/3 tomato mixture, 1/2 beans, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 salad dressing and 1/2 cheese. Repeat layers. Garnish top with remaining tomato mixture.
- COVER and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 1150mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 4g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.