Cherry Cordial Brownies
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 24 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT chocolate and 3/4 cup butter in large saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- COMBINE sugar, melted chocolate and 2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl. Stir until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Do not overbake. Cool completely.
- BEAT powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter and cherry juice in medium bowl until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- MELT chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth OR place chocolate chips and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stir to blend. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool slightly. Drizzle over cherry frosting.
Serving Size (1 brownie of 24), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For uniformly sized brownies, first trim off edges, then use a ruler and toothpicks as guides when cutting. For cleaner edges, freeze for 30 minutes before cutting.
Line your brownie pan with foil before baking, then simply lift up the edges of the foil to easily remove brownies after they cool.