Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 12 biscuits
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- COMBINE flour and salt in large bowl. Cut in coconut oil with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Fold in cheese and chives. Stir in milk just until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Scoop 12 biscuits onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 of 12 biscuits), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Knead biscuit dough gently, 5-6 times, on a clean, lightly floured pastry cloth, just until dough holds together and can be rolled out.
Roll biscuit dough to about 1/2-inch thickness to ensure good height. Cut biscuits with a sharp-edged cutter, straight down, without twisting the cutter.