Carrot Spice Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk together applesauce, oil and eggs. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Fold in carrots and pecans. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Dust tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
- For longer storage, cool muffins completely and place in resealable freezer bags. Heat in microwave until warm for a quick breakfast.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
If your muffins are flat or peaked on top, increase the oven temperature 25°F. If they're cracked or uneven on top, reduce the oven temperature 25°F.
To freeze quick bread, cool completely and wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Wrap slices individually for quicker thawing. Use within 1 month.