Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 4 servings
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 chicken tenders
- HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil in large skillet to 365°F.
- BLEND flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Break eggs into small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Pour 1 cup buttermilk into separate bowl.
- DIP chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk, then into flour mixture. Coat completely. Dip into egg, then return to flour mixture. Coat completely.
- PLACE chicken gently into hot oil. Fry uncovered about 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and juices from chicken run clear.
- DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately or place on rack in 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 1010mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Measure pastry ingredients carefully. Too much liquid makes dough soggy, too much flour makes dough tough, and too much shortening makes dough greasy and crumbly.
In order to maintain a consistent temperature, do not open the oven door during baking. Instead, use the oven light to check on your baking progress.