- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 1 1/4 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs large, lightly beaten
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli or frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Add 1 tablespoon oil to 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch baking pan. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE milk, 1/4 cup oil and eggs in large bowl. Add cornmeal mix, onion powder and black pepper. Stir until just moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- POUR into preheated skillet or pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The amount of flour needed to knead bread dough varies based on the climate or season. Flour absorbs moisture from humid air, and loses moisture to dry air.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.