Banana Nut Snack Cake
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 45 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 8 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- BEAT sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Mix in bananas and pecans. Add flour mixture gradually, stirring until just mixed.
- POUR into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack or serve warm.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.
Pastry dough can be made ahead of time, wrapped tightly in plastic, and refrigerated for up to 2 days.