Banana Bread Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 6 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Gradually add brown sugar; beat an additional 2 minutes. Add banana, eggs and vanilla, beating just until combined.
- STIR in flour mixture. Stir in oats, nuts and chocolate chunks. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving Size (1/72 1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Do not store soft and crisp cookies in the same container, or the crisp cookies will soften.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.