Bacon, Egg and Hash Brown Biscuit Bake
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- HEAT oven to 400º F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Beat eggs, milk, sour cream, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in large bowl with whisk until blended. Set aside.
- PLACE flour in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk. Stir just until dough leaves sides of bowl. Press into bottom of prepared dish with floured hands.
- STIR potatoes, onions and cheeses into egg mixture until blended. Pour over dough. Spread evenly. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with bacon. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 215mg, Sodium 1020mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 23g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 40%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Measure pastry ingredients carefully. Too much liquid makes dough soggy, too much flour makes dough tough, and too much shortening makes dough greasy and crumbly.
To make pie pastries, add liquid to flour-shortening mixture 1 tablespoon at a time. Gently toss with a fork.