Apricot Pastry Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 80 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- COMBINE flour and salt; set aside. Beat butter and cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture by hand just until blended.
- DIVIDE dough into fourths, wrap in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apricot preserves, coconut and walnuts; set aside. Roll one fourth of dough at a time on floured pastry cloth or other floured surface into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut rolled dough into 2-inch squares. Spread each square with 1 teaspoon apricot mixture, leaving edges of dough uncovered.
- MOISTEN one corner of dough with water. Beginning at opposite corner, roll towards moistened corner; press lightly to seal.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serving Size (1/80 1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 3%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.