Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Smucker's® Spiced Apple Butter
- COMBINE butter and sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans until blended.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight. (Dough can be stored up to 3 days.)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- SHAPE dough into 60 one-inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently in the center of each ball to make an indention. Fill each indention with 1 teaspoon apple butter.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1/60 1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 10mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.